If you are part of the Windows Insider Program and you have installed some of the latest build for Windows 10 then you may experience unexpected crashes when using Bleutooth USB Headset. To resolve the issue do the following :
Roll back the HID-compliant device. For example, to roll back the USB headset driver, follow these steps:
- Go to Device Manager.
- Right-click the HID-compliant headset under Human Interface Devices.
- Click Update Driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Click Have Disk.
- Click Browse, and then select C:\windows\inf\input.inf.
- Select HID-Compliant Headset.
- Click Next.
This should roll back the driver for the USB headset.
It has first been reported on Windows 10 prerelease 17063: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb-mso_win10-mso_o365b/skype-for-business-crashes-upon-usb-device-usage/406478cf-fe8d-4868-a0fa-cf827442c8ed
And I am experiencing the same on 17074 & also on 17083 so you are warned