Recently we had our E-Communications Day in Belgium (@Microsoft Offices Brussels), this event was hosted by your very own Belgian E-Communications User Group (Be-Com.eu)
The original idea was to only do an Offline Event and invite 10 MVPs to present the newest technology to our members. But after some thinking we decided to not only host this Offline Event but also to Broadcast it to the entire Globe. That brought us some challenges on how we were actually going to achieve this without having to spend too much money.
The answer involves many parts:
- You need at least one User on Office 365 with E1 capabilities in order to get Free Skype for Business Broadcasting features
- You need one Laptop to run as Producer for the Broadcast with Skype for Business 2016 Click to Run from Office 365 (So actually you need E3 to get office with your Office 365 subscription)
- You need an HDMI to USB Capture Card in order to get the Presenter Screen
- You need a HDMI Splitter so that the Presenter PC’s HDMI Output gets distributed to two HDMI Cables, one that would go to the Projector in the Room and one goes into the HDMI Capture Card in the Producer PC
- You need a Bluetooth Headset that is plugged into the Producer PC and the Speaker must wear this during his presentation.
Those are quite a lot of parts but once you get it right you have professional Event Broadcasting, Recording the MVP Way almost for free, anyone can do this and it does not cost you to much money.
The Recordings are still available over here : http://www.be-com.eu/?p=2865