Microsoft is announcing the new Cloud Connector Edition of Skype for Business Server will be generally available worldwide starting April 11th, 2016.
All versions of Skype for Business Server come with Cloud Connectivity included and allow customers worldwide to use Office 365 Cloud PBX with the carrier calling services of their choice.
The newly released Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition allows customers to quickly connect existing customer phone lines and phone numbers to Office 365 by delivering these proven hybrid capabilities as optimized, pre-configured virtual machine images.
As such, now customers have two choices for connecting their existing PSTN Circuit, Carrier and Contract to Cloud PBX operating in Office 365 :
· Current customers who have deployed Lync Server 2013 or Skype for Business Server 2015 can connect their deployments to Office 365 and configure them for Cloud Connectivity.
· Alternatively, for customers who haven’t deployed server on-premises, they can download the Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition and use that for Cloud Connectivity.
Introducing Cloud Connector Edition :
· Expanding the reach of Skype for Business meetings and voice services in Office 365 (Office blog, update)
· Worldwide use of Office 365 Cloud PBX Now Simplified (Nexthop blog)
· Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition (Microsoft Download)
Technet Library :